Monday, February 21, 2011

The Simple Things in Life



Lately I've admittedly found myself a bit restless despite the stream of things that plague me with stress. I guess I'm just the kind of person that likes to indulge when I'm struck with anxiety, two weeks away from auditions for graduate school in New York City and a few days away from a second performance of Dialogues of the Carmelites. This morning I woke up and relaxed myself with some Josquin des Prez.



I decided I would make myself some baked eggs, but unfortunately there were no eggs in my house. I briefly pondered the idea of going to purchase some, since I always seem unhappy without eggs in the refrigerator, but somehow I rationalized in my mind that going out to have breakfast would be more exciting, especially since I was already going to be driving somewhere.


I found myself yet again at my new favorite place on 3rd street, SIMPLE THINGS, a pie and sandwich shop. This place is such a delight! I ordered eggs with quinoa, a delicious intelligensia coffee (served in a beaker), and a mini blueberry pie. Even though it was past breakfast time, they made me the eggs :) …. and even though they took a little too long to get me my desert, they compensated by giving me an EXTRA blueberry pie to go, in a cute miniature box. A hundred stars.









No comments:

Post a Comment