Friday, February 21, 2014

Nowadays the world is lit by lightning



JIM: People are not so dreadful when you know them. That's what you have to remember! And everybody has problems, not just you, but practically everybody has got some problems. You think of yourself as having the only problems, as being the only one who is disappointed. But just look around you and you will see lots of people as disappointed as you are. 




JIM: My signature isn't worth very much right now. But some day - maybe - it will increase in value! Being disappointed is one thing and being discouraged is something else. I am disappointed but I am not discouraged. I'm twenty-three years old. How old are you? 




JIM: Unicorns, aren't they extinct in the modern world? 

LAURA: I know!

JIM: Poor little fellow, he must feel sort of lonesome. 

LAURA: [smiling] Well, if he does he doesn't complain about it. He stays on a shelf with some horses that don't have horns and all of them seem to get along nicely together. 

JIM: How do you know? 

LAURA: [lightly] I haven't heard any arguments among them!

JIM: [grinning] No arguments, huh? Well, that's a pretty good sign! Where shall I set him?

LAURA: Put him on the table. They all like a change of scenery once in a while!

JIM: [stretching] Well, well, well. Look how big my shadow is when I stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment